Ideas for decorating wicker baskets with spray paint
If you have an old basket which you want to customise or bring a little more up to date, spray paint is a really quick and easy way to transform it. Wicker baskets are great for holidays, but they are also very practical reusable and environmentally friendly bags for shopping all year round. In this post we show you how to transform your baskets using paints from our range and other baskets for design inspiration.
How to paint a wicker basket with spray paint
Shopping baskets are usually made with raffia or Esparto grass. This type of material is quite resistant, flexible and porous, so it is ideal for painting with spray paint as you can see in the short video tutorial below (this video was produced by our team in Spain and has a Spanish title, but there is no Spanish spoken in the video).
To recreate this look…
- Shake the aerosol can a couple of minutes after the mixing balls are heard
- Apply spray paint giving thin layers vertically and horizontally, keeping a distance of about 25/30 cm from the surface of the basket
Ideas to customize a basket with spray paint
Chalk paint in spray, stencil stencils, bodybuilder’s tape and a little creativity was what our pintypluser Mrs. Cricket used to decorate this wicker basket.
Meanwhile ‘Les Kosetes De La Vicki’ perfectly combines our spray paint with her creations with crochet to give a sea breeze to the baskets and slippers for the beach.
If you are looking for inspiration for the beach, you will love these baskets decorated with motifs and tones reminiscent of the sea.
Stars are easy to draw and very decorative, as you can see below.
If you are looking for something simple but an idea that will radically change the look of your basket, be inspired by these colour block ideas…
Finally, keep in mind that baskets are not just for summer. You can use them for decoration for your home, as a reusable bag for shopping trips and they are also very useful as containers and organizers.
7 reasons to decorate your carrycot with spray paint
(1) You will reach all holes with one pass, even the handles.
(2) The layers of paint are so fine that you will not notice that you have painted it, even if you do it every summer.
(3) Spray paint does not dry from one year to the next.
(4) In a few minutes you will have radically changed your old basket and you can take it to the beach that same day.
(5) Anyone can do it, at any age and even if he has never painted with spray paint.
(6) There is a huge selection of colours to choose from in our spray chalk paint and aQua 2017 craft paint range